Sunday, March 2, 2014

A little bit about me


Hi, my name is Tayla Divitini. Welcome to my personal website!
Well… what can I say. My life is pretty hectic for such a little person. 

Being a petite 4 foot 7 inches, the world seems to tower over me. Many challenges come my way, though like a regular 19-year-old… nothing can stop me.

Growing up with a rare genetic condition by the complex name of, Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Simple day-to-day things were a little tougher than a regular child.

Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) is a genetic disorder characterized by bones that break easily, often from little or no apparent cause. A classification system of different types of OI is commonly used to help describe how severely a person with OI is affected. For example, a person may have just a few or as many as several hundred fractures in a lifetime.

The focal ‘giveaway’ of my condition is my height. I’m very small for someone of my age. Around the same size of a 10-year-old. I always wondered why I got along with young children so well. They seem to relate to me. Most likely due to the fact they can see me eye-to-eye… literally. The funny thing is, more-than-often, they see me as a ‘kid’.

Luckily, I have amazing parents. They certainly had their hands full in the early days… they still think I’m somewhat a handful, even today.

Today, I am a University student. Studying a Bachelor of Communications at Edith Cowan University – Perth, Western Australia. I absolutely love it. I have always had a passion for writing. Therefore, I have started this blog/autobiography.

I am also a regular TV presenter on a show called ‘The Couch’ – ‘Talking Gadgets’.

Click HERE for more.

Stay tuned for more juicy gossip…

No comments:

Post a Comment